Complete the quiz and Sunstar GUM will donate a children’s toothbrush to the Dental Wellness Trust charity for each entry. Ts & Cs below.
1. What is halitosis?
Bad breath is also known as halitosis. It is usually caused by oral health problems and inadequate oral hygiene. For expert advice on bad breath, read our article: https://www.ivohealth.co.za/bad-breath/
2. You can usually tell if you have bad breath?
It's very hard to tell if your own breath smells. Ideally ask a dental professional, close friend of family member. If you have to 'test' your own breath, either lick the back of your hand or wrist and sniff.
3. The tongue is one of the most common sources of bad breath
The back of the tongue provides an ideal environment for the bacteria that causes bad breath. Clean your tongue on a daily basis. We recommend using the Sunstar GUM Tongue Cleaner after you brush your teeth twice a day: https://www.ivohealth.co.za/product/gum-dual-action-tongue-cleaner/
4. You should clean in-between your teeth every day
Daily cleaning in-between the teeth, with floss or another quality interdental tool removes plaque and food debris between the teeth, where brushing can't reach. Watch our videos for expert advice on how to floss correctly: https://www.ivohealth.co.za/flosslikeaboss/
5. Saliva helps keep your breath fresh
Saliva helps keep your mouth clean. If you have reduced saliva you are more likely to have bad breath. Dry mouth, also known as Xerostomia, is a very common condition that can lead to oral health problems. Read our article on dry mouth for expert advice: https://www.ivohealth.co.za/dry-mouth/
Share your Results:
Terms and conditions
- To donate a toothbrush to the Dental Wellness Trust, please complete all 5 questions and fill in your contact details at the end. This counts as one entry. A confirmation email asking if you want to confirm your entry will be sent to your inbox. Please accept that message to make your entry valid.
- Ivohealth will donate a Sunstar GUM children’s toothbrush to the Dental Wellness Trust for every entry before 1 April 2019, up to a maximum of 800 brushes.